On December 14, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment issued a notice on further regulating the environmental management of sewage treatment in urban areas (parks). Notice, points out that urban (park) wastewater treatment involve the local people's government (including the management agency), discharge sewage into the sewage treatment plant enterprises and institutions (hereinafter referred to as the nanotubes enterprises), sewage treatment plant operating units (hereinafter referred to as the operating units) and so on several aspects, clear the parties in accordance with the law responsibility is the premise and foundation of standard sewage treatment environmental management. At the same time, we need to encourage all parties to fulfill their duties.
Details are as follows:
Notice on further standardizing the environmental management of sewage treatment in cities and towns (parks)
Environmental departments (bureaus) of all provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government, and Ecological Environment Bureau of Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps:
In recent years, China's urban (park) sewage treatment industry is booming, to improve the water ecological environment has played an important role. Urban (park) sewage treatment plant is not only an important engineering facility of water pollutant reduction, but also a key unit of water pollutant discharge. In order to further standardize the environmental management of sewage treatment, in accordance with the Law on the Prevention and Control of Water Pollution and other laws and regulations, we hereby inform you of the relevant matters as follows.
1. Clarifying the responsibilities of all parties according to law
Town (park) sewage treatment involves the local people's government (including the management agency), to discharge sewage treatment plant of the enterprises and institutions (hereinafter referred to as the nanotubes enterprises), sewage treatment plant operating units (hereinafter referred to as the operating units) and so on several aspects, clear the parties in accordance with the law responsibility is the premise and foundation of standard sewage treatment environmental management.
According to the provisions of the existing laws and regulations, the local people's governments, which are responsible for the quality of the water environment in their respective administrative areas, shall perform the following duties: First, they shall organize relevant departments to draw up plans for the prevention and control of water pollution in their respective administrative areas and plans for the construction of urban sewage treatment facilities. Second, raise funds, make overall arrangements for the construction of centralized sewage treatment facilities, supporting pipe network and sludge treatment and disposal facilities in urban (park) areas, and attract social capital and third-party institutions to participate in the investment, construction and operation of sewage treatment facilities. Third, we will reasonably formulate and dynamically adjust charging standards and establish and implement a sewage treatment charging mechanism. Fourth, the emergency preparedness, emergency handling and subsequent recovery of sudden water pollution incidents should be well done. Fifth, we will further clarify and refine the division of responsibilities among departments entrusted with regulatory responsibilities, improve working mechanisms and form synergy in supervision.
The pollutant discharge enterprises shall prevent and reduce environmental pollution and ecological damage, apply for pollutant discharge permits in accordance with the relevant provisions of the State, discharge pollutants with the permits, discharge pollutants in accordance with the licenses, and assume responsibility for the damage caused according to law. First, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the state for the pretreatment of industrial sewage, the relevant standards of the first class of pollutants and other toxic and harmful pollutants, should be treated in the workshop or workshop treatment facilities discharge port standards; Other pollutants can not be discharged until they meet the processing requirements of centralized treatment facilities. Second, we will carry out self-monitoring in accordance with relevant technical standards and actively disclose pollutant emission information, and voluntarily accept supervision. If it is a key pollutant discharge unit, it shall install and use automatic monitoring equipment according to law, and share data with the local ecological environment department and operation unit. Third, according to the Management Measures for the Collection and Use of Sewage Treatment Fees (Caishui  No. 151) and the entrustment treatment contract, the relevant fees for sewage treatment should be paid in time and in full. 4. When the sewage discharged from an accident may endanger the safe operation of the sewage treatment plant, emergency measures such as the opening of the accident storage tank shall be taken immediately to eliminate the hazard, and the operation unit shall be notified and the report shall be made to the ecological environment department and relevant competent departments.
The operation unit shall be responsible for the quality of the effluent from the centralized sewage treatment facilities and shall not discharge substandard sewage. First, before undertaking the sewage treatment project, it shall fully investigate the sewage source, water quality, discharge characteristics and other conditions within the scope of the service, reasonably determine the design of water quality and treatment process, clarify the scope of application of the treatment process, and specify the type of industrial sewage that cannot be undertaken in the contract. Second, the operation unit should cooperate with the local people's government or the park management organization to seriously investigate the actual accepted type of industrial sewage. If it is found that there is industrial sewage that cannot be treated by the existing process and cannot be solved through consultation with the incoming water unit, it should report to the local people's government in writing to take corresponding measures according to law. Third, strengthen the operation and maintenance of sewage treatment facilities, carry out monitoring of water quality and quantity of water in and out, regularly disclose information on operation and maintenance and pollutant discharge to the public, and report the water quality and quantity of sewage treatment, as well as the reduction of major pollutants and other information to the ecological environment department and relevant competent departments. Fourth, setting up reasonable match the ability to resist risk accident emergency measures, storage facilities and environment of abnormal water, sewage treatment system may lead to damage and excess water, immediately start emergency plans, to carry out the pollutants, retained water and mud sample, keep records of monitoring and the live video evidence, and the first time report to the ecological environment department and related departments.
Second, encourage all parties to fulfill their duties
Ecological and environmental departments at all levels should strengthen coordination and linkage with relevant departments such as housing, construction and water utilities, strengthen supervision and guidance in accordance with relevant laws and regulations and the division of responsibilities, and encourage all parties to fulfill their main responsibilities in accordance with the law.
(1) To urge the municipal and county-level local people's governments to organize the formulation of plans for the construction of urban sewage treatment and recycling facilities, and to promote the implementation of pipe network collection, sewage treatment, harmless sludge treatment and resource utilization, and reclaimed water utilization and other related work. In accordance with the requirements of the Three-Year Action Plan for Improving the Quality and Effectivity of Urban Wastewater Treatment (2019-2021), all local governments are encouraged to withdraw their sewage from the sewage network within a prescribed time limit for those enterprises that are assessed as pollutants that cannot be effectively treated by sewage treatment plants, or that may affect the stable effluent standards of sewage treatment plants.
(2) Urge and urge the municipal or county-level local people's governments or the administrative organs of the parks to construct sewage treatment facilities in the parks according to local conditions. For the park where there are fewer enterprises and domestic sewage is mainly produced and industrial sewage does not contain toxic and harmful substances, the sewage in the park can be treated by relying on the nearby urban sewage treatment plant. For parks with a small amount of industrial sewage discharge, they may rely on the pollution treatment facilities of enterprises in the parks to meet the standards after treatment, or the administrative organs of the parks may, in accordance with the principle of "three simultaneous" (synchronous planning, construction and operation of pollution treatment facilities and production facilities), build the sewage treatment facilities in the parks by stages and run them in groups. New metallurgical, electroplating, non-ferrous metal, chemical, printing and dyeing, leather manufacturing, drug manufacturing and other enterprises shall, in principle, be laid out in the park that conforms to the industrial orientation, and the sewage discharged by them shall be centrally treated by the sewage treatment plant of the park.
(3) supervise and urge the competent enterprises to fulfill their responsibilities as the main body of pollution control. In accordance with the principle of "double randomness", it inspected the operation and maintenance of pre-treatment facilities and self-monitoring of nano management enterprises, supervised and inspected the installation and use of automatic monitoring equipment in key pollutant discharge units, and the connection with ecological and environmental departments, and promoted the real-time sharing of monitoring results with operating units. To guide the enterprises in charge of pollution control and emission disclosure by setting up signs and display screens in eye-catching places. To guide and supervise the preparation and improvement of emergency plans for environmental emergencies by the enterprises in charge of environmental management, to handle and handle environmental emergencies well, and to effectively prevent environmental risks.
(4) Urge the operating units to earnestly fulfill their legal responsibilities for the quality of effluent water of sewage treatment plants. The investigation of sewage within the service scope shall be taken as an important content in the environmental impact assessment of sewage treatment projects of new construction, reconstruction or expansion. Strengthening the guidance and supervision over the handling and disposal of sudden environmental incidents in operating units. Urge the operation units to disclose information about operation and maintenance and pollutant discharge to the public.
(V) Cooperate with relevant departments to strengthen the guidance and service for all parties to sign operation service contracts and commission processing contracts, and supervise and supervise their strict implementation. The operation and maintenance of the project, sewage treatment fee, general rights and obligations of both parties, compensation for breach of contract, interpretation and dispute resolution are defined through the way of signing the operation service contract between the government management department and the operation unit. Encourage the operation unit and the management enterprise to agree on water quality and quantity, monitoring and monitoring, information sharing, emergency response, compensation for breach of contract, explanation and dispute resolution, etc. by signing a contract for entrusted treatment. On the basis of clear responsibilities, the operating unit and the sewage management enterprise may determine the concentration of the industrial sewage through consultation, and submit it to the ecological environment department and load the discharge permit in accordance with the law, which shall be used as the basis for supervision and management.
Standardize environmental supervision and management
(1) Clarifying the requirements for pollutant emission control. According to the ecological and environmental functions of water bodies, local governments should specify the pollutant discharge control requirements of urban (park) sewage treatment plants in accordance with the law and regulations. It is not only necessary to avoid the strict control requirements, which will increase unnecessary pollution control costs, but also to prevent the loose control requirements from being able to meet the needs of water ecological environmental protection. If the effluent from sewage treatment plants is used for greening, agricultural irrigation and other purposes, the control requirements can be scientifically and rationally determined according to the use needs, and the corresponding sewage recycling standards can be reached. Relevant control requirements should be stated in the pollutant discharge permit and strictly implemented. In areas with heavy tasks of water ecological environment improvement and lack of ecological water, local areas can be guided to further improve water ecological environment quality through ecological measures such as constructing constructed wetland water purification projects at key points downstream of sewage treatment plants and rivers entering lakes, etc. to work together with sewage treatment plants.
2. Strict supervision and law enforcement. Local ecological environment departments at all levels should, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, strengthen the supervision and law enforcement of the treatment enterprises and sewage treatment plants, urge the discharge units to carry out the responsibility of pollutant discharge subject according to the license, monitor and manage the pollution discharge, and improve the standardization of their own monitoring. We will investigate and punish environmental violations such as excessive discharge, unauthorized discharge, falsification or tampering with monitoring data, the use of illegal chemicals or disruptors, and improper use of sewage treatment facilities. Where, after the occurrence of a water pollution accident, the emergency plan for water pollution accident is not launched in time and relevant emergency measures are not taken, the relevant emergency measures shall be ordered to take control measures within a time limit to eliminate pollution; If any loss is caused, it shall be liable for compensation according to law; If the case constitutes a crime, the offender shall be investigated for criminal responsibility according to law.
(3) Reasonably identify and handle the responsibility for exceeding the standard. Local ecological and environmental departments at all levels shall establish systems for filing and management of emergency plans for environmental emergencies and receiving information of emergency matters, and initiate response mechanisms in accordance with regulations upon receiving reports of abnormal situations from operating units. Under the premise of having reported to the ecological environment department, the operation unit suspends the operation of some process units according to the actual situation for the purpose of optimizing the process and improving the efficiency, etc., and the sewage is discharged up to the standard, it shall not be deemed as abnormal use of water pollution prevention and control facilities. For the sewage treatment plant exceeding the water limit, the illegal act is slight and timely corrected, no harm consequences, may not be given administrative punishment. For by the competent department of industry, or ecological environment department, or the industry authorities under the State Council in conjunction with the ecological environment department as operation unit is caused by water beyond design rules or actual processing capacity of excess water situation, take the initiative to report and take the initiative to eliminate or reduce environmental violations harmful consequences, given a lighter or mitigated administrative penalty in accordance with the law.